Saturday 7 May 2011

CHNC challenge 19: photo inspiration ... with a prize

Update: As Blogger has been unavailable for some time, I've extended the entry time by an hour to UK 23:00 to give everyone a chance to enter.

Thank you to all those who entered last week's challenge to use a die cut - I love to visit your blogs and see your wonderful creations. I know that a lot of you have been regularly entering my challenges and are beginning to build up quite a collection of Christmas cards. And once again this week some new folk have joined in. If you haven't started yet, it's never too early or too late - why not join in this week - and there will be a prize for one randomly drawn winner.

So for challenge 19 I'd like you to use this photo as the inspiration to make your Christmas card. You can interpret your response in any way you wish - it might be one or more of the colours or patterns, or stockings, Santa, teddy, snowman, presents ... whatever the photo inspires you to make - I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

As it's the first Saturday in the month there will be a prize for a randomly drawn winner (using random.org) - three Christmas rubber stamps:

For my card I concentrated on the stocking and also used red, green and gold as my colour combo. The circular sentiment is gold foiled, but it was difficult to get a photo as I made the card this evening - more details about the card and other challenges on my regular crafting blog 'My crafty outlook' here.


As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to take your inspiration from the given photo - apart from that, anything goes.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 13 May. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 14 May.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

I look forward to seeing your creations.



4 comments:

  1. those are some cute stockings!! super card girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, nice image to base the challenge on and your card is lovely. Sorry I missed last week - got TWO cards made but happenings conspired to prevent me posting until today :( However, I've completed this week's and posted it with the two others now, phew! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, thanks for another challenge. Love your card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card - it is so cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments